Programme Officer – Yemen Programme
EIP works from the heart of Europe with a global scope. EIP is an independent organisation whose board members are European states that share a common commitment to a European and EU global peace agenda. EIP pursues mediation, multi-track diplomacy and conflict resolution and focuses on issues affecting peace and security in Europe. The Institute carries out operations inside and outside Europe and offers practitioner-driven advice on conflict resolution techniques. We deliver on conflict prevention and resolution through thoughtful and imaginative engagement with women and men, using the tools of mediation, dialogue, diplomacy, facilitation and negotiation.
EIP is looking for a Programme Officer Yemen Programme for its office in Brussels. Reporting to the EIP Programmes Director, the Programme Officer will lead the implementation of EIP’s Yemen Programme, develop new projects in support of European peacemaking strategy and policy, and liaise regularly with European, national and international actors and partners in Europe and the Middle East.
· Managing EIP’s Yemen file;
· Strengthening EIP’s programme portfolio in Yemen
· Overseeing the project’s field staff and consultants, who are based full-time in Yemen, and liaising with our Snr. Mediator(s);
· Ensuring close collaboration with allies and target audiences in Europe and the Middle East in all aspects of project implementation, including the Office of the Special Envoy, the EU European External Action Service, and donor governments;
· Development of policy briefs to help enhance peace-making efforts in Yemen;
· Fundraising and related grant management;
· Maintaining day-to-day overview and responsibility for financial tracking and reporting on EIP’s interventions in Yemen.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in conflict resolution, development or foreign affairs;
- Project management experience with a government, international organisation, or NGO;
- The ability to travel freely and regularly within the EU and Middle East;
- Previous relevant experience working on Yemen. Other experience from the region is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of regional politics and actors and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, from junior to senior level, including donor governments, high-level diplomats, envoys and senior decision-makers;
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to publicly represent the Institute at all levels;
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas;
- Grant management experience;
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude;
- Excellent command of English, both orally and in writing. Command of Arabic is an asset;
- Commitment to inclusion of women and marginalised groups;
- Master’s degree or equivalent; and
- Availability from February/March 2018.
- A permanent Belgian contract.
- A dynamic and fast-growing international team with opportunities to lean and develop skills.
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
Please submit in pdf-form:
· your CV (Name_Surname_CV_PRO YEM PO)
· a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_PRO YEM PO) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
Submit to: email@example.com
The deadline is 20 February 2018 COB.
If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries. Kindly be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.