Programme Manager – Yemen
EIP is seeking a Programme Manager for its work in Yemen. Reporting to Director of Programmes, the person in question will lead on the programme management of EIP’s Yemen work, liaise regularly with relevant national and international actors and partners in Europe, the Middle East and elsewhere, including the UN. (S)he will also seek to develop new projects in support of European peace-making. The position is Brussels-based, with regular travel to the region, including to Yemen itself.
- Managing EIP’s Yemen file
- Representing EIP with senior policy makers, donors, and at international fora;
- Overseeing project staff and consultants, some of whom are based in Yemen and liaising with our Senior Mediator(s);
- Ensuring close collaboration with partners on all aspects of project implementation;
- Development of policy briefs to help enhance peace-making efforts in Yemen;
- Fundraising and related grant management;
- Maintaining day-to-day overview and responsibility for financial tracking and reporting on EIP’s work in Yemen.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in conflict resolution, mediation and project management;
- Prior work experience in Yemen;
- Project management experience;
- The ability to travel freely and regularly within the EU and Middle East, including in Yemen;
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated knowledge of regional politics and actors
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, including demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Grant management experience;
- Proven relationship-building skills.
- Commitment to inclusion of women and marginalised groups;
- Master’s degree
- Eligible for Belgian work permit.
- Your cv and a one-page letter of motivation (Name/Surname Subject:_PRO YEM PM) demonstrating ability to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Submit to: email@example.com
The deadline is 22 October 2018 COB.
If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
- Middle management function with an indefinite Belgian contract.
- Dynamic international team with opportunities to learn and develop skills.
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.