Programme Manager – Yemen
EIP works from the heart of Europe with a global scope. It is an independent organisation whose board members are European states that share a common commitment to a European and EU global peace agenda. EIP pursues conflict prevention, mediation, private diplomacy and conflict resolution and focuses on issues affecting peace and security in Europe. The Institute carries out operations inside and outside Europe and offers practitioner-driven advice on conflict resolution techniques. We deliver on conflict prevention and resolution through thoughtful and imaginative engagement with women and men, using the tools of mediation, dialogue, diplomacy, facilitation and negotiation.
EIP is looking for a Programme Manager - Yemen. Reporting to EIP’s overall Programmes Director, the Programme Manager will lead the implementation of EIP’s Yemen Programme, develop new projects in support of European peacemaking strategy and policy, and liaise regularly with European, national and international actors and partners in Europe and the Middle East including the UN. The position is Brussels-based, with regular travel to the region, including to Yemen itself.
- Managing EIP’s Yemen file;
- Strengthening EIP’s programme portfolio in Yemen;
- Representing EIP with senior policy makers, donors, and in international fora;
- Overseeing project staff and consultants, some of whom are based full-time in Yemen, and liaising with our Snr. Mediator(s);
- Ensuring close collaboration with allies and target audiences in Europe, the Middle East and elsewhere, in all aspects of project implementation, including the Office of the UN Special Envoy, the EU European External Action Service, and donor governments;
- Development of policy briefs to help enhance peace-making efforts in Yemen;
- Fundraising and related grant management;
- Maintaining day-to-day overview and responsibility for financial tracking and reporting on EIP’s interventions in Yemen; and
- Part of EIP’s middle management, with delegated responsibilities from Programmes Director.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in conflict resolution and mediation;
- Previous relevant experience working on Yemen. Other experience from the region is an asset;
- Project management experience with a government, international organisation, or NGO;
- The ability to travel freely and regularly within the EU and Middle East, including in Yemen;
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional politics and actors and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, from junior to senior level, including donor governments, high-level diplomats, envoys and senior decision-makers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to publicly represent the Institute at all levels;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (orally, reading and writing);
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas;
- Grant management experience;
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude;
- Commitment to inclusion of women and marginalised groups;
- Master’s degree or above;
- Availability from August/September 2018; and
- Eligible for Belgian work permit.
- Middle management function with a permanent Belgian contract.
- Dynamic international team with opportunities to learn and develop skills.
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
- a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_PRO YEM PM) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_PRO YEM PM)
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is 22 July 2018 COB. The short deadline is prompted by maternity leave of the recruiting manager and the desire for induction and handover before her departure.
If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries. Kindly be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.