Programme Manager – Peace Process Implementation Support Colombia
The objective of the European Institute of Peace (EIP) is to contribute to and complement the global peace agenda of Europe and of the European Union. We do so primarily through mediation and informal dialogue. The EIP pursues multi-track diplomacy and promotes best practice in conflict resolution. These responsibilities are executed through three types of initiatives: (a) mediation and facilitated dialogue, (b) public and preventive diplomacy, and lastly (c) innovation and capacity building in support of effective approaches to conflict prevention and peacemaking
The Programme Manager will manage EIP’s project on political transformation processes in line with the Colombia peace process. The Programme Manager will be based in Bogotá, Colombia, and will report directly to the Director of Mediation and work in close coordination with the Colombia Team Leader.
Terms of Reference
Reporting to the Mediation Director, the tasks of the Programme Manager for the peace process implementation in Colombia include:
1) Facilitating the provision of support and advice to the parties in the Colombian peace process, to enable successful transitioning processes to participate in Colombian political life;
2) In coordination with project staff, provide advise and support to the parties on developing working relationships with international organisations and donors, including the EU and the UN, and to assist the parties to facilitate project and other support from the international community, particularly on socio-economic and reintegration projects;
3) Acting as head of office and project manager, including liaising with domestic and international partners in Colombia at a senior level; supporting experts engaged in the project; maintaining donor relations, fulfilling legal requirements for EIP’s operational work in Colombia; maintain responsibility for reporting, finances, and on the ground logistics;
4) Monitoring the implementation of Colombia’s peace process as well as the Quito process and report back to Brussels as necessary;
5) The Programme Manager can also, for the purposes of other EIP projects, be involved in:
• Independently developing new concept ideas, designing projects and drafting funding proposals;
• Fundraising and liaising with external actors in the field of conflict resolution;
• Interacting with high-level delegates and diplomats;
Competencies and qualifications needed for this position include:
- 7 Years of experience managing mediation and dialogue, peacemaking, or peace building projects, including overall project management responsibility. Experience managing international donor funding is required, specific experience managing European Union grants is an asset;
- Excellent command of English and Spanish, both orally and in writing;
- In-depth understanding of the peace process in Colombia. Experience working in Latin or Central America and with (local or national) peace processes. Experience in Colombia is a strong asset.
• your CV (Name_Surname_CV_PMColombia)
• a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_PM Colombia) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
• 18-month contract, with possibility of extension; and
• Competitive remuneration package that includes allowances for living in Colombia.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com
The deadline is Wednesday 19th July 2017 12:00 noon. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Please understand that due to a high volume of responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.