Policy Officer - Mediation, Policy and European Relations Division
The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is looking for a Policy Officer for its office in Brussels. The Policy Officer will lead a number of projects run under EIP’s Mediation, Policy and European Relations Division (MPER), reporting to the Mediation Director. In addition, the Policy Officer will support the Mediation Director’s engagement with policy-makers and actors in Brussels and beyond and take part in the Institute’s strategic communications efforts.
· Managing comprehensive policy projects with strong linkages to EU and UN policy making;
· Liaising with EIP’s partners to ensure direct relevance and utility of EIP’s policy projects;
· Developing new concept ideas, design projects and draft funding proposals;
· Nurturing and deepening relationships with EIP’s counterparts in the EEAS, EU Commission and within EU Member States;
· Engaging with donors and peers in the field of conflict resolution;
· Exploring opportunities to bring in new potential partners;
· Supporting the outreach efforts of the Mediation Director with a particular focus on strategic communications;
· Conducting in-depth research, compile briefing materials and prepare speeches for senior leadership;
· 5-7 years of professional experience in foreign affairs, policy work or diplomacy;
· Project management experience with a government, international organisation, or NGO. Experience working with an EU grant is a significant asset;
· Strong knowledge of the EU and European governments foreign policy priorities as well as understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
· Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, from junior to senior level, including high-level diplomats, envoys and senior decision-markers;
· Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to publicly represent the Institute at all levels;
· Strong analytical skills, insights into knowledge management practices, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas;
· Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude;
· Excellent command of English, both orally and in writing. Fluency in French, Spanish or Russian is an asset;
· Master’s degree or equivalent;
· Availability 1 March 2018.
- An initial 6-month contract (to cover a colleague on maternity leave) with the possibility to be extended with a permanent contract.
- A position in an international and dynamic environment with a growing organisation.
- A 40-hour workweek with one day of leave earned per month.
- Remuneration package which includes lunch vouchers and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
· Your CV (Name_Surname_CV_MPER PO)
· A one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_MPER PO) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is 08 January 2018 COB. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Please understand that due to our workload, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.