Personal/Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
The European Institute of Peace is looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in 15 countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision makers, the parties to conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information.
We are looking for a motivated and proactive Personal Assistant to provide administrative support and help the Executive Director to make the best use of his time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s schedule, appointments, travel arrangements, putting together briefing packs and expense reporting
- Processing or Handling Director’s correspondence and ensuring the appropriate follow-up,
- Answering calls and liaising with EIP top-level contacts competently,
- Preliminary drafting of correspondence on the Executive Director’s behalf,
- Planning and organising Executive Director meetings, including the Senior Management Team meetings
- Preparing agenda for Senior Management Team meetings,
- Taking action points and writing minutes of meetings,
- Liaise with those in charge of events that the Executive Director is expected to attend,
- Conducting research on substantive issues, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Support to the President of the Board of Governors as necessary;
- Support the Operations Team in legal matters related to the Board
In addition to the above, it is important to emphasise the highest level of discretion and confidentiality in carrying out these duties. This is a broad, busy and visible role in which you will need to provide professional service to the Executive Director and Senior Management Team. The role requires a motivated and flexible individual with exceptional multi-tasking ability as the demands on the role will vary from time to time. As an international organisation, the job holder will need to be an effective communicator with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and cultures. Building and maintaining good relationships with all contacts (internally and externally) is key to success in the role. The job requires to have a mix of skills, experience and initiative to respond to a range of queries.
- 3 to 5 years of secretarial and administrative experience in a multi-lingual and complex environment with high level of confidentiality required, including drafting of correspondence, minutes and reports in English;
- Professional experience in the EU Institutions/bodies or Agencies or in a Public Administration and knowledge of other EU languages are also an asset
- Experience in organising large or complex meetings or other events, including Board meetings;
- Proven ability to deliver high quality outputs within deadlines;
- Excellent skills in typing and using MS Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to prioritize tasks.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Honesty and reliability
- Attention to detail
- Service-orientated with a strong customer-focused approach to work, demonstrating responsiveness, flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Motivated with a capacity to work with minimum supervision?
- Ability to work in Belgium (Belgian or EU citizen or currently in possession of a Belgian work permit.)
- Permanent contract;
- Salary based on 13.92 months;
- Benefits package which includes luncheon vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan, and contribution to transportation; and
- 40h/week including 12 RTT days per year.
Please submit in English:
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_ Personal Assistant ED)
- your motivation letter (Name_LM _ Personal Assistant ED) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
Submit to: email@example.com
The deadline is 26 July 2020, midnight COB. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desired start date: October 1st 2020