IT Support - Part-time Traineeship
European Institute of Peace (EIP) was launched in 2014 to complement and add value to EU and European peacemaking. It is an independent peacemaking and conflict resolution actor focusing on issues affecting peace and security of great importance to Europe. It holds a special connection to official diplomacy and foreign policy through its board members, made up of eight European states that share a common commitment to a European and EU global peace agenda.
EIP is looking for a candidate with strong IT skills to work part-time as part of the Finance, Administration and Human Resources Team. The ideal candidate is a student or recent graduate who is able to work part-time and is interested to work in a young, international and vibrant team focusing on issues affecting peace and security of great importance to Europe.
1) Develop and maintain a new website for the organisation;
2) Provide technical support and advice on the development of EIP’s IT security policy;
3) In coordination with EIP’s external IT support, manage EIP’s mail server;
4) Provide IT support to all EIP staff;
5) Provide input into a Disaster Recovery Plan; and
6) Act as primary liaison person between EIP and any IT-related service providers.
· Demonstrable knowledge of IT systems, website design, and IT support. Successful applicants will have experience providing technical support using Microsoft products, including server operating systems, Active Directory, driver mapping and Office 365;
· Ability to work in a professional environment;
· Some experience managing or developing websites;
· Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with all level of employees in a professional organisation; and
· Fluency in English. French or Dutch is an advantage.
· 6 months trainee contract for an average of 80 hours per month, in coordination with your student schedule;
· €10 per hour;
· Contribution to public transportation; and
· An exciting, international environment.
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation in PDF format to email@example.com before the 2nd of July close of business.