Human Resources Assistant Internship
The European Institute of Peace is looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision for a world where people live in safety and peace because conflicts and grievances are resolved through inclusive dialogue and lasting political agreements.
We provide practical experience, technical expertise and policy advice on conflict resolution. We use a variety of tools to help us do this, including analysis, mapping and design of peace processes and agreements, facilitating policy discussions, and proposing practical engagement, for example through inclusive dialogue and mediation support.
Based in Brussels and active in 15 countries, the European Institute of Peace is an independent organisation working collaboratively with European decision makers, the parties to conflict, and those who represent people suffering from insecurity or at risk of violence, as well as the conflict prevention, resolution and mediation community.
Our innovative approach to peace enables us to be agile, creative and effective in everything we do, and these are key qualities we look for in our team members. See www.eip.org for more information.
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive young professional to join our Human Resources team as an intern to support the Operations Team, assist our Chief Operating Officer and Human Resources Officer on the different HR-related projects and gain hands-on experience with a variety of HR functions.
Terms of Reference
This position provides support in a wide variety of HR functions and as an HR intern, you will actively work on different projects aiming at improving the HR processes related to recruitment, contract management and salary and HR policies revision.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the pay review project
- Update HR policies
- Assisting in the reception of new employees, completion of all paperwork and ensure roll-out induction process;
- Updating our employees’ database and ensure employee information and files are kept up-to-date (hard and soft copies)
- Assisting in the management of staff and consultant contracts
- Helping on the payroll process
- University degree in Human Resources, Business, Administration or related field
- 1-2 years of administration or assistant experience in an international / multicultural environment will be an asset;
- Knowledge of Belgian legal framework
- Self-driven, motivated, able to take the initiative and willing to learn
- A multi-tasker with good time management skills (ability to balance competing priorities and deliver within deadlines)
- Detail-oriented, organised and flexible
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Team player in an international environment;
- Proficient in English and French is essential. Any other EU language is a plus.
- IT literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- 6 months internship contract with a possibility of extension at €1,000 per month
- Lunch vouchers
- Contribution to public transportation to and from the office
- 40h/week (with 6 RTT days – one day earned per month), and
- An exciting, international environment
Please submit in English:
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_ HR assistant Internship)
- a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_ HR assistant Internship) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
Submit to: email@example.com
The deadline is 18th February 2020, midnight COB. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.