Human Resources Assistant
The European Institute of Peace (EIP) pursues mediation, multi-track diplomacy and conflict resolution and focuses on issues affecting peace, security and reconciliation in Europe. We work from the heart of Europe with a global scope and are an independent organisation whose board members are European states that share a common commitment to a European and EU global peace agenda. To this end, the Institute carries out operations inside and outside Europe and offers practitioner-driven advice on conflict resolution techniques.
We are looking for a full-time HR Assistant to be a focal point for Human Resources reporting directly to the Director of Finance, Administration and HR in our Brussels office.
· Job ads, recruitment coordination and review of job applications;
· Reception of new employees, completion of all paperwork and ensure roll-out induction process;
· Process monthly payroll administration and related benefits;
· Track of employee leave days and their line manager approvals;
· Contact point for all HR-related inquiries from staff;
· Assist field teams in local recruitment needs and requirements;
· Ensure employee information and files are kept up-to-date; address changes, copies of performance appraisals, etc.;
· Keep up-to-date on Belgian labour legislation;
· Management of staff and consultant contracts, updating contract verbiage as necessary;
· Update HR policies, consultant policies and work regulations;
· Manage, identify needs and coordinate EIP training;
· Identify staff needs and make recommendations to senior management for employee benefits;
· Participate in the Organisational Culture Working Group;
· Monitor EIP organisational culture issues.
· You have a university degree. A degree focussing on the Human Resources field is a plus;
· You have at least two years of experience working in Human Resources and have working knowledge of Belgian labour regulations;
· You have an excellent command of both English and French (verbal and written). Dutch or any other EU language is a plus;
· You are dynamic, proactive and flexible with excellent organisational skills;
· You are friendly, approachable, a team player, internationally minded, are good at prioritising and have a hands-on mentality;
· You are IT literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
· You are an EU citizen or current possess a Belgian work permit.
· Permanent Belgian employment contract;
· Benefits package which includes luncheon vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan, and contribution to public transportation;
· 40h/week which qualifies for 12 RTT days per year;
· An exciting, international environment.
Please submit CV with a motivation letter in pdf-form to email@example.com, clearly specifying the ‘HR Assistant’ position.
The deadline is 23 February, COB.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in an interview process will be contacted.