Administrative Assistant Trainee
The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is an initiative at the heart of Europe with a global scope. The EIP contributes to and complements the global peace agenda of Europe and the European Union, mainly through mediation and informal dialogue. The Institute pursues multi-track diplomacy and acts as a flexible, external tool in support of EU mediation efforts where the EU has limited freedom to act. It also serves as an operational hub, connects existing expertise and shares knowledge and lessons on European mediation. Learn more about EIP at www.eip.org
We are looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant Trainee to support our 20-person in-house staff with reporting lines to the Director of Finance, Administration and HR in our Brussels office. This is an opportunity for an entry-level administrative person to learn the ropes in an international environment.
· Handling phone calls and emails, taking messages,
· Ordering supplies,
· Contact point with travel agency to ensure approvals for travels,
· Organising meeting logistics and ensuring room-set up,
· Handling correspondence and distributing mail,
· Receiving visitors,
· Assisting the Programme and External Relations teams in organising events and other ad hoc tasks,
· Organise building maintenance and upkeep with external suppliers,
· Typing and word processing,
· Filing and archiving,
· Back-up tasks for absent administration team members (allowing you to grow your skills and responsibilities), and
· Ready to take on other duties to learn and grow.
· You have an excellent command of English (verbal and written). French is important for contact with external suppliers and Dutch or any other EU language is a plus,
· You are interested in honing your administrative assistant skills and practice what you’ve already learned,
· You are dynamic, proactive and flexible with excellent organisational skills,
· You have a can-do attitude, are friendly, a team player, internationally minded, and
· You are IT literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· 6-months paid trainee contract with possibility to move to a permanent contract,
· €1,000 per month,
· Luncheon vouchers and contribution to public transportation,
· 40h/week (which earns 12 RTT days/year – one day earned per month), and
· An exciting, international environment.
Please submit 1-2 page CV with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly specifying the Administrative Assistant Trainee position in the subject line.
The deadline is 17 April, COB. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in an interview process will be contacted.