The European Institute of Peace (EIP) is an initiative at the heart of Europe with a global scope. The EIP contributes to and complements the global peace agenda of Europe and the European Union, mainly through mediation and informal dialogue. The Institute pursues multi-track diplomacy and acts as a flexible, external tool in support of EU mediation efforts where the EU has limited freedom to act. It also serves as an operational hub, connects existing expertise and shares knowledge and lessons on European mediation. Learn more about EIP at www.eip.org
We are looking for a full-time Administration Trainee to support our 28-person in-house staff reporting to the Director of Finance, Administration and HR in our Brussels office. This is an opportunity for an entry-level administrative person to learn the ropes in an international environment.
· Handling phone calls and emails, taking messages,
· Ordering supplies,
· Follow-up with travel approvals,
· Organising meeting set-ups including ensuring room-set up and making coffee,
· Dispersing mail,
· Receiving visitors,
· Organise building maintenance and upkeep with external suppliers,
· Typing and word processing, and
· Ready to take on other duties as needed.
· You have an excellent command of English (verbal and written). French is important for contact with external suppliers and Dutch or any other EU language is a plus,
· You are interested in honing your administrative assistant skills and practice what you’ve already learned,
· You are dynamic, proactive and flexible with excellent organisational skills,
· You have a can-do attitude, are friendly, a team player, internationally minded, and
· You are IT literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· 3-months paid trainee contract,
· €1,000 per month,
· Luncheon vouchers and contribution to public transportation,
· 40h/week (which earns 1 RTT day per month), and
· An exciting, international environment.
Please submit 1-2 page CV with a motivation letter to email@example.com, clearly specifying the Administration Trainee position in the subject line.
The deadline is 15 July, COB. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in an interview process will be contacted.