EIP works from the heart of Europe with a global scope. EIP is an independent organisation whose board members are European states that share a common commitment to a European and EU global peace agenda. EIP pursues mediation, multi-track diplomacy and conflict resolution and focuses on issues affecting peace and security in Europe. The Institute carries out operations inside and outside Europe and offers practitioner-driven advice on conflict resolution techniques. We deliver on conflict prevention and resolution through thoughtful and imaginative engagement with women and men, using the tools of mediation, dialogue, diplomacy, facilitation and negotiation.
Terms of Reference
The accountant will work with all teams in an international non-profit environment to ensure accurate accounts and bookkeeping. Reporting to the Finance and Grants Manager, this role will include the following responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures the smooth running of all accounting-related matters;
- A to Z accounting;
- Assist in the production of financial statements, reports and correspondence as required
- Reconcile finance accounts;
- Maintain spreadsheets;
- Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment;
- Assistance in the resolution of finance-related queries;
- Report on and submit VAT declarations; and
- Year-end account closure and working with external Auditors, and
- Other finance-related duties as required.
- Bachelor in Accounting;
- At least 2 years of previous accounting experience;
- Experience working for an NGO or non-profit organisation is a plus;
- Detail-oriented, organised, rigorous, insistent on accuracy, proactive and flexible;
- Team player in an international environment;
- IT literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience in working with accounting software – Winbooks software experience is a plus; and
- Proficient in English and French is absolutely essential. Dutch or any other EU language is a plus.
- Permanent contract;
- Salary based on 13.92 months;
- Benefits package which includes luncheon vouchers, Hospitalia insurance, pension plan, and contribution to transportation; and
- 40h/week including 12 RTT days per year.
Please submit in English:
- your CV (Name_Surname_CV_Accountant)
- a one-page statement of motivation (Name_Surname_statement_Accountant) demonstrating your qualification according to the profile
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is 14 January 2019. If selected for the first round, we will contact you for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.